Thursday, April 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Mail!


I was answering a letter to my penfriend Cylvia when the doorbell rang. The mail carrier had a package that needed to be signed for and she also had my mail, of course -  and what a surprise that among it was a pretty orange envelope with a birthday sticker on the front, from the very friend I was in the midst of writing a letter to! I thought that was cool!

What wasn't cool, however, was the condition in which the card arrived ... I haven't opened it yet, but one can tell it is likely a card by feeling it, and I can see that it is a card because someone between Cylvia's home and mine, has pried into it! I am assuming it is on this side because unfortunately, this kind of thing does occur - our postal system does not have the kind of people of integrity that it once had long ago. People sometimes put money or gift cards in cards so there are people in the trusted positions of postal service who will try to get it out of the envelopes. Disgraceful. Of course, I could be assuming that was what happened, but here are the photos. . .





. . .So it is clear that I am not being completely paranoid, even if I am jumping to the wrong conclusions!

Even so-
It is a very exciting,
and happy surprise
to receive a birthday greeting
from my friend Cylvia!
And
I
will save it 'til
Sunday
so I can open it up
on my actual
birthday.
:D

No comments:

Post a Comment