Saturday, May 3, 2014

PenPalWorld

I have a list of penpal sites I have been methodically checking out. They are not all equal. PenpalWorld is kinda sketchy - at least my experience with it has been thus far. The one person who seemed promising - says she sent a letter to me and it bounced back to her saying something like, 'no one lives there.' ... But we do! We do live here! And I have gotten really great mail all week long. Monday, I got a whole stack of catalogs and magazines - it was like flapping Christmas!

Anyway, I digress. On PenpalWorld it seems I am a magnet for those foreign scammer creeps with poorly accented English grammar ... And of course they're all just sure that I am the perfect match for them. Jeezum Crow guys - I just want to pass notes through the postal service not be drowned in insipid attempts to set me up for some scam or another. Sheesh!

PenpalWorld is a little too penpalweird for me.

3 comments:

  1. That's too bad that you have had bad experiences on it. PenPal World is the site that I signed up on and I have had no issues with it so far. Most of the Pen Pals I have found so far have come from that site. I signed up for a membership and one of the good things about that is I can enforce my settings. I stated that I only wanted female Pen Pals so the membership ensures that they can't contact me even if they are within the age group that I specified.

    What site(s) do you use that you find good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Jakob Herrmann and I'm the founder and webmaster of PenPal World. I am sorry to read that you had bad experiences at PenPal World.

    Like all other social networks we are fighting scammers on a regular basis. For example I've implemented several features running in the background finding fake users but sometimes they slip by regardless.

    I also hope that you've taken advantage of the easy scam report feature. That way I can deal with the reported member immediately. Also, as MEC has mentioned, we are offering a VIP membership which has features which are truly helpful filtering out who can contact you. I would like to offer you a free 1 month free VIP membership so you can experience it. Simply contact me at webmaster@penpalworld.com and let me know your email address you've used at PenPal World.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined Global Penfriends and I have never experienced any issues with them.
    They are a very safe and friendly site - you will never have to worry about dodgey profiles as they do the filtering for you.

    ReplyDelete